Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Need help located CDRW 700 2x (low speed) media

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228

    Need help located CDRW 700 2x (low speed) media

    In an attempt to avoid filling up the land fill with all my Knoppix CD's, I would like to start burning to CDRW media. Since all my current CDRW are 650 meg, I went and purchased some 700 Meg disks. However, it appears that these are considered highspeed media, and my drive (a Matshita UJDA330) is considered lowspeed, even though my laptop is a six month old Dell (grrr...)

    Anybody know where I can find CDRW 700 2x (low speed) media, if such a thing even exists?

    Just a final warning to any others experience this issue; based on my reading 4x media can be EITHER high speed or low speed, so you'll have to read the labels pretty closely.

    Thanks in advance for any help the group can give me.

    Regards,

    ~paul

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I ran into this exact same problem. I have a 4x CDRW burner. I used CDRW's that were 1-4 speed and they worked fine. When I bought some that were 4-12 speed they would no longer work in that burner. They would work in another one though. It seems like CDRW's are getting harder and harder to find. I got some Memorex at Best Buy and they kept crapping out so I quit using them. As far as I have been able to tell Memorex is the only brand you can usually find at Best Buy's and the like while there are tons of brands of CDR's. Why is this? I wonder if the producers and resellers don't realize there is more money for them in the long run if the try and sell only/mostly CDR's.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    Did a little research, and it looks like OfficeMax offers Hi-Val Brand (HCDRW4X-25RS) CD-RW Media. If you do a search on the product number in parentheses, you'll find quite a few sources for this. Pretty reasonably priced too. Below is a direct link to the Office Max site, but I googled the part number and it seems there are quite a few other places that offer it as well. I'll let you know if any further difficulties after I get them.

    http://www.officemax.com/max/solutio...seBVCookie=yes

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228

    Followup

    I ordered the CD's mentioned in my previous post from Office Max online. They came the very next day, even though I ordered them @ 3 p.m. the day before. Best part is that they work great! Just wanted to complete the thread for future folks perusing for a similar solution. Let's just hope the Office Max quality continues on now that they have been acquired by Boise....

Similar Threads

  1. Where is the terminal server script located?
    By ahfoo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:05 PM
  2. Does it fit on CDRW?
    By markusha in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 01:27 PM
  3. CD/DVD Drive Reading Speed vs. CPU Speed
    By migasf in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:18 PM
  4. Where is libavcodec (part of ffmpeg) located ?
    By ktheking in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 01:25 AM
  5. Where is my CDRW?
    By Viro in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-26-2003, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$344.74



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI  32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included picture

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included

$8150.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99