Well, I seem to resolved the problem, compressing same filesystem one more time helped, although I have no idea why it wouldnt work with old compression (parameters for mkisofs and filesystem was the same).
Robert
Hello,
I've made new kernel and root filesystem, made all changes needed to linuxrc, new cloop module, customized miniroot fs, and while
insmod -f /modules/cloop.o file=/cdrom/boot_fs/boot_fs
(while boot_fs being the compressed filesystem)
I get:
cloop: Initializing cloop v1.08
cloop: /cdrom/boot_fs/boot_fs: 2860 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 1093697120 bytes.
cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 1093697120
Any ideas? It seems that with original knoppix kernel same boot_fs works just fine.
Regards,
Robert
Well, I seem to resolved the problem, compressing same filesystem one more time helped, although I have no idea why it wouldnt work with old compression (parameters for mkisofs and filesystem was the same).
Robert
Hello,
when I try to mount the compressed KNOPPIX image with cloop, I get the following error (taken from syslog):
The command I use is: insmod cloop file=/mnt/hdf1/wolf/KNOPPIX
Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: Welcome to cloop v0.68
Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: /mnt/hdf1/wolf/KNOPPIX: 29299 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 4294808060 bytes.
Jul 30 11:39:20 box kernel: cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 4294808060
Could you please detail the commands you entered to solve the problem ?
Thanks for your help.
You need the newest cloop --1.0-2 from the sources link on the knoppix english page -- then it will work. I found this out the hard way.
Originally Posted by fabriloup
Thanks. I could compile the cloop module, mount the KNOPPIX image. now when I try to copy the files to my work directory, it starts copying and then the process hangs in the middle. I can't even kill the process.
Any idea on how to solve this ?
Cheers.

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99
Samsung Galaxy Book4 Edge 15.6” FHD Snapdragon X 16GB 512GB Copilot+
$499.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00
Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
USB C to Type C Cable Fast Charger For Samsung Galaxy S8 S9 S10 Plus Note 10 12
$5.00
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00