-
Zipdrive not recognized
Knoppix fails to recognize my Iomega 250MB internal zipdrive. Is there a way to manually mount it?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It has probably been configured as /dev/sda
Most non-normal drives get sent through scsi emulation. At work I've been using a USB 1.44mb floppy drive (made by Imation). Knoppix puts
/dev/sda1
/dev/sda2
/dev/sda3
/dev/sda4
/dev/sda5
on my desktop. None of them work, but if I want to mount a floppy, I open a terminal and type
mount /dev/sda /mnt/floppy
-
Thanks for your info.
However, I do not have /dev/sda on my desktop, and cannot mount it using a terminal window. I get an error message that the file system is unknown.
-
Senior Member
registered user
--Post the results of ' fdisk -l ' as root.

Originally Posted by
merlin
Thanks for your info.
However, I do not have /dev/sda on my desktop, and cannot mount it using a terminal window. I get an error message that the file system is unknown.
-
Disk /dev/hda: 60.0 GB, 60022480896 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 7297 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 * 1 3456 27760288+ 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda2 3457 7297 30852832+ f Win95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/hda5 3457 6271 22611456 7 HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda6 6272 7297 8241313+ 83 Linux
-
I know it has been awhile since this topic was going, but I was curious how this turned out.
-
Senior Member
registered user
--If it hasn't worked yet, modprobe for the following:
ide-floppy 11744 0
ide-scsi 7696 0
sd_mod 10688 10 (autoclean)
scsi_mod 88400 6 (autoclean) [usb-storage st sr_mod sg aic7xxx ide-scsi sd_mod]
--I'm pretty sure ide-floppy is the one you need.

Originally Posted by
Zadel
I know it has been awhile since this topic was going, but I was curious how this turned out.
-
Senior Member
registered user
ZIP 250 and ZIP 100
# modprobe imm # mount - t vfat -o umask=000 /dev/sda4 /mnt/test
had found it on the french site of knoppix....
ah yeah parlez vous francais ?
KTheKing
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: ZIP 250 and ZIP 100
--Ah yes, imm - but he is talking about an *internal* (IDE) 250 Zip drive.

Originally Posted by
ktheking
# modprobe imm # mount - t vfat -o umask=000 /dev/sda4 /mnt/test
had found it on the french site of knoppix....
ah yeah parlez vous francais ?
KTheKing
Similar Threads
-
By Robert in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 09:37 AM
-
By simone17 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 04:42 PM
-
By m_yates in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 02:11 AM
-
By Kluk-Kluk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-11-2003, 09:51 AM
-
By SerenityNet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 04:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Samsung Galaxy Book2 12inch Silver FHD+ TOUCH Snapdragon 850 2.96 GHz 4GB 128GB
$160.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 15.6 i7-1260P 16GB 1TB SSD Laptop FAST SHIP
$349.99

Original for Samsung NP950QCG-K01US LCD Screen Touch Full Top Assembly FHD Blue
$299.00