-
Dial up problem.
I have an ethernet card in my machine which connects with my wife's machine. Her's is set up as 192.168.0.1, this one is 192.168.0.2. I also have a modem in both machines. When knoppix boots up it finds the ethernet card and says we're gonna use that come hell or high water. I had the same problem with Mandrake and finally found the solution there in the set up.
Now under knoppix these things I did under Mandrake don't work.
route -n #this finds the IP address I am dialled into
route del default
route add default gw x.x.x.x #(x.x.x.x is what was found above)
would always work to get me out on the internet after I have dialled up.
This does not do the job under knoppix, even tho it says it has done right. I know it is Debian, so what is different that I have to do under it?????
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 09:35 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 05:09 AM
-
By oldgeezer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 01:57 PM
-
By waynejkruse10 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-25-2003, 11:50 PM
-
By shadowcAt in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 05:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99