-
Junior Member
registered user
GNOME
Hi ,
So I got into linux and knoppix about 3 months ago and am in love. I have been able to remaster knoppix so suite my taste of packages (oh, thanks for the how-to on this site
).
So now am a little more ambitious, I want to remaster but rather replace kde with gnome. I found gnoppix on this site but its kinda useless. What I would appreciate is advice on how to get gnome to work. I have on this site under costumizations found a spanish version of gnome on cd called METADISTROS. I used it and it is lovely, its about 200Mb. I urge you try it. The problem is the language barrier.
So my problem? how do I change the language on metadistros to english. Is there anyone who is as interested in gnome on live cd as I am? how can it be done. finallly, if one wants to , how can one change the boot scripts for knoppix, that is, what files should be changed to change the boot messages and logos.
Too many questions u say? forgive me am still kinda a newbie
KDE is good but I think gnome will really put "MY-EGO-SOFT" in its place in the future.
Hola back
Similar Threads
-
By TheRepublican in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 04:59 AM
-
By ChronusDark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:06 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Ideas
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 02:10 PM
-
By knoppix37672 in forum Ideas
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 05:14 AM
-
By Laurie in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5/i7/i9 AMC CPU Processors, LOT of 90 pcs
$18000.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

Intel Core i7-14700KF 20-Core 3.4GHz LGA1700 33MB Cache CPU SRN3Y
$310.00