I've never come across this one, but it points to errors in your /etc/fstab. The line for my floppy reads:
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
Note that the floppy (I take it you're using Kfloppy?) must not be mounted.
Tried to use floppy formatter but keep on getting this error: ' /dev/fd11440 read only file system' .What is happening here?
First of all the floppy is in /dev/fd0 not fd1. Also the floppy in my drive is not read -only. Tested it in win98 format ok.
Thanks!
I've never come across this one, but it points to errors in your /etc/fstab. The line for my floppy reads:
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
Note that the floppy (I take it you're using Kfloppy?) must not be mounted.
I can do fdformat /dev/fd0 with no problems. Just want to know how to correct this error in Kfloppy.
OK, so what does the line for the floppy in your /etc/fstab say? Can you post it?
My guess is that it's a simple matter of doing
sudo gvim (or kate, or whatever editor you're happy with) /etc/fstab and correcting the line. You'll probably (as root) need to do mount -a as well.
BTW, are we talking about a Hard Drive install here?
Did rebuildfstab. Kfloppy works ok now
Thanks!

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
Vintage Apple Keyboard II Mo487 In Black
$300.00
Vintage Apple AppleCare Protection Plan for iPhone MC745LL/A COLLECTIBLE ONLY
$20.00
Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00