-
how do you make apt work like it's supposed to?
According to the tutorial I read at the Debian site what I'm doing should work but it's not.
According to the instructions, first apt-get update, which I've done.
Then you should be able to install the package you want with apt-cache search <packagename> and then apt-get install <packagename>. When I do this I get the error message dependencies not met. Same thing with apt-cdrom, using the Debian Woody cds.
The turorials all say APT downloads the dependencies and installs them for you. That's not what's happening.
When I look at the new packages list using Kpackage and I try to install it I get "no such file or directory". Huh? It found it when I apt-updated but it can't when I want to install it?
How do I make this work?
Similar Threads
-
By ys0304 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-06-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By turbine in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 05:50 AM
-
By WonderAboutLinux in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 06:42 PM
-
By Dan_Netwalker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 01:50 PM
-
By noxavior in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Amiga BASIC Spiral-Bound Manual Book, English, For Amiga Desktop Computer
$30.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

commodore amiga 500 computer, New in box. Only opened for pictures
$1300.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95

68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter
$25.00