-
WLAN and DHCP troubles
Hello,
I am running knoppix off of CDROM and am attempting to get my Linksys WPC51AB wireless LAN card to connect to the network. The card is not detected by knoppix, but I can manually load the drivers, at which time the wlcardconfig utility detects it and will apply the settings I specify.
My problem is that I am not able to obtain an IP address from the DHCP server/Linksys Broadband Router on my network. If I manually configure an IP, I can ping the DHCP server, but if I just bring up the interface (or manually restart networking or manually restart pcmcia services), it does not grab an IP. When I do a iwconfig, it lists the router's proper MAC address as its Access Point so I know it sees it.
Stupid question-- how can I manually force my WLAN interface go out and search for an IP? On other linux distros I have used "dhcpcd" or "dhcclient" but cannot find either in knoppix.
Stupid question #2-- the wlanconfig utility finds the NIC fine once I load the drivers, however the netcardconfig utility still says it finds no supported cards. Is this normal when your Wifi is the only NIC, and if so, is there a utility to configure IP address settings for wifi cards?
Sorry for such a long post, thanks in advance...
Similar Threads
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By DusteD in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
-
By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
-
By PyroBoy101 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Compaq Contura 4/25c laptop trackball mouse Power Adapter parts Only
$139.00

Vintage Amdahl Computer Chip Lucite Paperweight Air Cooled Logic Chip
$89.00

Compaq Contura 430cx Vintage Laptop 9.5" Intel 486DX2 50MHz Windows 95 Working
$150.00

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85

Sealed Vintage Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapters Drivers CD Ver 3.1 Vintage PC NEW
$39.61