-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problems in patching 2003-06-06 to 2003-07-26

Originally Posted by
Pixelman
Everything was looking good until it got to:
Applying patches and concatenating to filesys.knoppixpatch
rm: cannot remove "filesys.knoppixpatch" No such file or directory
I ignored this error message.
After a while it continued the process and seemed to be going Ok until it got to the mkisofs which started and then came up with this error
Uh.Oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory "Knoppix"
Deleting: swapfile
swapoff: swapfile: Invalid argument
Deleting ISO Folder
I encountered this error while using a partition size of 2.5 GB. When I used a 5 gb partition(note:vfat partition) this was gone. And before I forget use the CLI. by 'knoppix 2' at the boot prompt. Since this process is memory intensive,this helps .
I am a relative newbie at the command line side of Linux I have more used the GUI so I am a bit losted as what I should be doing. In writing this I was wondering if the patching script has something refering to Hda1 and that maybe where I am going wrong the only problem I have less than a Gig free on hda1.
Also no this sytem it took about 2.5 hours to go through the whole process does that sound normal?
Mine took almost 3.5 hours.
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 44
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 01:30 AM
-
By Al Hayes in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By UltraMega in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:34 AM
-
By kx14386 in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
-
By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Dell OptiPlex 7060 Intel Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 8GB RAM 256GB Windows 11 Pro FAST
$159.99

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00