-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Problems in patching 2003-06-06 to 2003-07-26

Originally Posted by
Pixelman
Hi,
I have been trying to patch my Knoppix 2003-06-06 version to 2003-07-26 and have had several failed attempts so I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the following issues.
Everything was looking good until it got to:
Applying patches and concatenating to filesys.knoppixpatch
rm: cannot remove "filesys.knoppixpatch" No such file or directory
After a while it continued the process and seemed to be going Ok until it got to the mkisofs which started and then came up with this error
Uh.Oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory "Knoppix"
Deleting: swapfile
swapoff: swapfile: Invalid argument
Deleting ISO Folder
I am a relative newbie at the command line side of Linux I have more used the GUI so I am a bit losted as what I should be doing. In writing this I was wondering if the patching script has something refering to Hda1 and that maybe where I am going wrong the only problem I have less than a Gig free on hda1.
Also no this sytem it took about 2.5 hours to go through the whole process does that sound normal?
The script doesn't depend on hda1. It does depend on a lot of hdd space.
If you can't find the boot catalog, it is likely the CD root filesystem has not been created. This may happen if the tar file which 'applypatch' creates is not bit perfect with the version of Knoppix the patch was created from. The current common patch set was created from an EN version of the disk. if you are starting from a DE version, you will need a patch file specifically for that. version.
The amount of time taken depends heavily on your hardware. If you have DMA set up ont he CD and hard drive, the process will be much quicjker than without.
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 44
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 01:30 AM
-
By Al Hayes in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 11:57 AM
-
By UltraMega in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 03:34 AM
-
By kx14386 in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
-
By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00