-
Is there a How-To for the new installer from Fabian Franz?
I downloaded Knoppix 3.2 2003-7-26 because I read about the new installer on these pages.
But for the life of me I can't work out how to do a seperate HOME partition?
I run "sudo knoppix-installer" but ????????????
Sorry for my ignorance....(should I go back to Mandrake 9.1 or god forbid Windows XP)
I have partitioned a 60gig seagate drive as hdb1 (20 gig, I want to use as /) , hdb5 a 3 gig swap file and hbd6 (37gig, I want to use as a /HOME partition)
Thanks for any help......
Keith
-
Senior Member
registered user
You would start the new installer program and create a configuration and save it then quit the installer and use you favorite editor and open the /ramdisk/home/knoppix/.knofig file that is created in addition to whaterver you call the config you save and in it you will see a section called drive mapping I believe in there you would put your line for your /home IIRC the syntax is /home:/dev/hdb6 in your case, it is documented in the section so you should have no problem figuring it out then save the file. Next start the new installer and load the modified .knofig file with the load saved config option and continue with the install as normal.
Similar Threads
-
By SUOrangeman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 04:12 PM
-
By freeballer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 11:26 PM
-
By raid517 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 36
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 06:24 PM
-
By gizmu in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 01:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R710 w 2x Intel Xeon E5540 @2.53Ghz 4GB RAM NO HDs *BOOT TO BIOS*
$149.99