Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: how much would this cost?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3

    how much would this cost?

    I really would like to get a framework for RedHat 9 and not debian so I can plug in my own RH9 loads.

    My wifes going to hate me but luckily enough my birthdays tomorrow so I should rake in a small bit of cash. Sure that money could be used to upgrade her video card (nice rebates this week) or get me the material I want for a custom case mod but screw it, I want to be able to run this using RH9 distros ive spent the last year working on/with.

    So if the maintainers of Knoppix are interested and I can afford it id appreciate it. Just make a nice remastering doc to go along with it and make it all freely available on your site. Maybe enough of us interested can contribute? Anyone else interested in contributing to see this done?

    Sure I could download knoppix (i have) looked it over and read the remastering docs (i did) but I never get enough time at work to really understand it enought to remaster without the debain load and to use RH due to projects. when im home its mainly reserved for the wife and kids. Heck i even downloaded adios but before i could burn it or even mount it i was interrupted into meeting hell.

    So ill start the pot by saying i will contribute $100 bucks to this in the hopes others interested will do the same. Maybe if the pot is big enough the devs will go for it

    Anyhow one can hope. Regards,

    Greg

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    872
    I believe there is an RH based KNOPPIX alike called ADIOS. Sounds to be very well thought out piece of work.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    18
    I say have patience with Neville, the maintainer of Adios. I speak with him from time to time, and I do know that they are all working hard towards releasing a development kit soon that will allow the remaster of Adios. They are also getting ready to release a newer version.



    Here is one of his recent emails to me


    Kevin,

    I removed the development kit due to rapid rate of change of the ADIOS image, but I hope to make it available again within the next few weeks.
    I am even hopefull that I can put some parts of the development kit on version 1.31, which would allow you to customise the CD, in other words you would be able add and remove standard RedHat RPMS and remake the ISO image. You will have to install the ADIOS distribution to hard disk using option 5 or create your own EXT3 filesystem.

    Version 1.31 will be released hopefully next week, it has support for LIDS (Linux Intrusion Detection System) but it is off by default. The best feature as far as I am concerned is option 22 which allows me to use half of the free space on my USB storage device for /var. If you are already using a var.img save your configuration files to another disk, then delete the var.img the first time you use this new version.

    We are working on a release based on RedHat 9 but this won't be released any time soon. Unfortunately RedHat 9 is not binary compatable with RedHat 8. Also there will be a DVD version released later this year, which will have the developers kit onboard and a whole lot more.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3
    aaah that explains why i never could find the dev kit mentioned in adios. i finally gave up last night and figured i would revisit that this morning with a clear head.

    Its nice to know im not crazy

    From what I saw of Adios though, its pretty nice. For me though i want to know how its done so I could take knoppix and the rpms and RH9 load I made to roll my own eventually. My problem is this is all new to me (ie knoppix not linux) and the cluebat keeps missing my head.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D - Ryzen 7 9000 Series Zen 5 8-Core 5.2 GHz - Socket AM5 120W

$399.99



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$395.00



*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF picture

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF

$429.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor…. picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….

$309.99



HP - OmniBook 3 - 14

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...

$399.99



2009 Mac Pro a1289 Nehalem 4.1 CPU Tray

2009 Mac Pro a1289 Nehalem 4.1 CPU Tray "8 Core" Dual Xeon E5520 2.26GHz w/ 48GB

$249.99



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00