-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Stephen
XMMS worked fine with alsa also and if you put the soundblaster in you should install sndconfig version .69 not the .70 I have read posts in Debian User that the .70 is broken you will most likley need it to set up the sound configuration.
Stephen,
.70 is what is currently in Knoppix isn't it? If so, I hope Klaus will himself do a backstep.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
aay
Stephen,
.70 is what is currently in Knoppix isn't it? If so, I hope Klaus will himself do a backstep.
I'm not sure I don't have knoppix on this computer and I checked the packages list it has a reference to sndconfig but I don't see it there.
Code:
ii smpeg-xmms 0.3.5-2 SDL MPEG Player Library - XMMS plugin
ii sndconfig-knoppix 0.57-7 Easy soundcard configuration
ii sodipodi 0.31-1 Vector based drawing program
ii sound-recorder 0.06-6 Direct-to-disk recording and play-back programs.
ii soundcardconfig-knoppix 0.5-2 Starts sndconfig as root
It was just in couple of posts on DU so it could be one of those it's broken now as in it can't be installed because of unmet dependencies that was not there when the ISO was made and it may in fact be installable now if things have moved through to allow that.
-
Konquerors Preview Option blockes Sounddeamon
Hi , I hope this Questions is still alive
I had the same Prob, now solved, so here's my result:
XMMS is not the Problem, it's Konqueror an the Preview Option
Disable the Preview Options in the Konqueror settings and XMMS will work fine !
HTH
Good Luck to u all :O)
John
-
First post... I've had similar problems with XMMS player. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I'm new to Knoppix (first time with Linux was this week!) and was listening to mp3's on XMMS, worked fine. Then I was trying out some of the other players on the LiveCD (4.0.2) and when I went back, it quit working. It would just freeze up. I had to run ksysguard from Konsole to kill it.
The way I fixed it:
Open Control Center from the Knoppix menu
Expand 'Sound & Multimedia', and select Sound System
Place a check in Enable Sound System
Now XMMS works. Not sure what caused it to disable, or what really happened, but it stopped it from locking up and now works fine.
Similar Threads
-
By dhaddox in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:19 PM
-
By jinzora in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By knu in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 02:40 AM
-
By Lando in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2003, 10:37 PM
-
By Pewe in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Rainbow Apple Logo Travel Bag Computer Carrying Case Black Vintage
$250.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage 64MB EDO Laptop RAM Lot 144-Pin LGS Hyundai HB56UW264D8-6L 60ns
$19.49

Chuan Wei 2464 VW-1 80 Degrees 300V E138961 5.5 Ft Cable Cord Vintage
$64.98

5 Vintage Apple Newton Stickers – Original Apple Memorabilia
$15.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72