Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ADSL/PPPoE Configuration Problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1

    ADSL/PPPoE Configuration Problem

    Hi,

    I'm new to this, so sorry if I'm horrible at explaining/solving my problem.

    I just installed KNOPPIX v3.20 and I can't get it to configure my PPPoE information so that I can connect to the internet.

    I have two ethernet cards:
    --Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
    --SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

    At the moment, I'm using the Realtek card.

    The modem I'm using is a Westell WireSpeed DSL modem.

    My ISP is SWBell [though I believe they are now known as SBC [SBC Yahoo].

    That's my system info.
    Here is the info I got when trying to configure it in KNOPPIX:

    START APPLICATIONS -> KNOPPIX -> NETWORK/INTERNET -> ADSL/PPPOE CONFIGURATION
    or
    START APPLICATIONS -> INTERNET -> CONNECT -> ADSL/PPPOE CONFIGURATION


    ALL SYSTEMS FOUND?
    I found 2 ethernet device(s):
    eth 0 eth1

    Are all your ethernet interfaces listed above?
    (If No, modconf will be started so you can load the card drivers manually).

    Or press Ctrl-C to abort here.

    --> YES
    SCANNING DEVICE
    Looking for PPPoE Access Concentrator on eth0...
    Looking for PPPoE Access Concentrator on eth1...
    -In console thing, this appeared:
    pppoe: Timeout waiting for PADO packets...
    pppoe: Timeout waiting for PADO packets...

    NOT CONNECTED
    Sorry, I scanned 2 intereface(s), but the Access Concentrator of your
    provider did not respond. Please check your network and modem cables.
    Another reason for the scan failure may also be another running pppoe
    process which controls the modem.
    Thanks for any help and input. I'll greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Daniel B.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    21
    I'm having the same problem.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1
    I too am having this error, does anyone know the cause and/or a way to fix the problem? Im using the same Realtek ethernet card as Zapata and have Comcast as my ISP. Oh and if it helps in anyway, Im also using a WebSTAR cable modem provided by Comcast.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3
    It seems you guys have the same probleem as I had.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...54edfd52afa33d

    You can solve this problem to type: KNOPPIX NOAPIC when booting.
    One condition: you only can do this with a PS/2 keyborad!

Similar Threads

  1. ADSL/PPPOE configuration
    By rickwinters in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:57 PM
  2. ADSL/PPPOE Configuration
    By ronin1967 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 03:56 AM
  3. Firewall and ADSL/PPPoe config
    By funky in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2004, 05:55 AM
  4. Firewall and ADSL/PPPoe connection
    By funky in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:26 PM
  5. ADSL/-PPPOE configuration doesn't find anything
    By Win95user in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2003, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD picture

WD Blue 500GB 3D NAND 2.5” SATA III SSD

$40.00