I go right to the source...
umount /dev/fd0
Under Knoppix, the floppy drive seems to have several names. I have found /mnt/floppy; /mnt/auto/floppy; /mnt/fd0; and floppy:/a/.
How does one u(n)mount the floppy from the KDE desktop? Which command (umount?; fdumount?) and name would be used from a terminal window?
I go right to the source...
umount /dev/fd0
stonent, thanks. That looks like it will work from a CLI.Originally Posted by stonent
Where do I find this in the KDE Desktop menu heirarchy?
OT: Cool avatar gif! But it seems to have a little glitch. The animation works the first time through. Then, the spread-arm image seems to persist "underneath" the clasped-hand image.
Don't know where kde keeps it.
As for my picture, it looks fine to me, and I've been using it for almost a year on the Dell forums before they killed custom icons.
If the reason you wanted to umount the floppy was because it did not seem to work properly, here is what I have had to do:
Often if you open the floppy from the kde icon and it opens it up in konqueror, you will not be able to hotswap the floppy until ALL instances of konqueror are closed.

Vintage Retro Lot IC CHIPS CERAMIC Plastic Assorted GOLD Scrap Collection Tubes
$199.99
Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage Toshiba XM-6201B SCSI 50 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage PC Racing Game Lot - Papyrus NASCAR Racing & SODA Off-Road Racing Big BX
$60.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Dell Inspiron Mini 9 910 Netbook Laptop Vintage Compact PC
$100.00
Vintage Retro Beige AT Desktop Computer Sleeper Case
$99.99
Vintage Teac CD-532S SCSI Wide 68 Pin CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00