-
nVidia or Ultrasharp problem?
I have a Dell desktop with an NVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 graphics card driving a Dell Ultrasharp 19" LCD display (using the DVI connection). Knoppix 7-26 correctly identifies both; actually, the display is detected as "DEL3009", whatever that means.
However, I cannot get the 1280x1024 resolution (native to this display) to work--not even using xscreen=1280x1024. If I use the autodetected nv driver and xscreen=1280x1024, I get garbage on screen (diagonal bands that look like the desktop background); perhaps this is a modeline issue. If I use the fb1280x1024 driver, I get bumped out of X to the command line with an error message saying that no suitable mode for my display was found. Everything works just fine if I let Knoppix boot into 1024x768 mode, except that, of course, the picture is "soft", or fuzzy, because that is not the LCD's native resolution.
I have tried the SuSe 8.2 live eval CDROM, and verified that it does manage to get 1280x1024 working somehow. But I cannot say whether this is an NVidia problem or a Dell Ultrasharp problem---although I suspect the latter.
ANy ideas?
Thanks!
M
Similar Threads
-
By Rivendell in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-11-2005, 07:18 PM
-
By humi001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 12:32 PM
-
By code_pupil in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2003, 07:49 AM
-
By Nthline in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Lot 14 Vintage ISA VGA Video Cards Trident CHIPS UMC 8-Bit 16-Bit 286 386 486
$199.95

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89