Try installing dhcp-client
HTHCode:apt-get -t unstable install dhcp-client apt-get -t unstable install dhcp-common
Try installing dhcp-client
HTHCode:apt-get -t unstable install dhcp-client apt-get -t unstable install dhcp-common
You don't understand, my network is not based on DHCP - actually, I rally would be glad not to have it in my computer, because I don't use it! My question is, how to configure my computer that way, so I should not run "netcardconfig" every time I start the PC?
Gromeo,
Have you tried booting from cd, configuring your network, saving the config to a floppy, then booting with option "knoppix floppyconf"? If I do that, my network comes up as desired. Admittedly, that won't solve the problem of having a correct auto boot but if it works you can unpack the configs.tbz file that's created on the floppy, figure out what it does, and put it at the end of your /etc/init.d/bootmisc file.
A quick and crude hack would be just to copy the /mnt/floppy/configs.tbz and /mnt/floppy/knoppix.sh files to /etc/ and call /etc/knoppix.sh from /etc/init.d/bootmisc
note that you'll have to edit the paths as given in knoppix.sh for this to work.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95