Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: gtk themes?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    20

    gtk themes?

    Where does gtk get its color scheme from in knoppix?
    Usually it's from ~/.gtkrc, but apparently it doesn't here, cuz I changed that and it didn't do anything.

    Someone tell me where to put my themes so they'll be read?

    Thanks,
    sl

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    20

    gtk-theme-switch

    And I found the software.
    But for some reason it's only applying to gimp and gkrellm, and not xchat and gaim.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    20

    The answer.

    I finally found the answer so I'll post it for future answer-seekers.

    The key is that the versions of xchat and gaim included with Knoppix 3.2 use gtk-2.0, not gtk-1.x. So you must get gtk-2.0 themes, and symlink them from their location, to ~/.gtkrc-2.0. They will then apply to any gtk-2.0 applications you run.
    (To do it with gtk-1.x themes, you just install to /usr/share/themes or whatever, and symlink from their location to ~/.gtkrc.)

    OR you can get gtk-theme-switch *2.0* and install from source or a .deb package since it doesn't appear to be in the apt-archives (at least, not without adding new sources to the default list).

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    How about posting the line for the sources.list in case people want to do that to save someone the time and effort to find said line maybe even the URL to the source package and the .deb file also.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    20

    Cuz I didn't.

    I haven't messed with adding sources yet.
    I just changed the theme by hand.

    So I don't know who has it, I just saw it on freshmeat so I know it exists. *shrug* sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. GTK2 Themes
    By Kowood in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 08:33 PM
  2. Gtk2 Themes
    By Kowood in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
  3. How to somehow install themes to KDE 3.2????!!!
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:02 AM
  4. Installing KDE 3.2.3 THEMES!!!
    By mimes in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 03:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01