Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: [mysql] how do I use it???

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61

    [mysql] how do I use it???

    hi,

    I am developping my website in php under linux but I need to connect to a mysql db...
    It seems I have to copy my db in /etc/lib/mysql/ but how can I access them from my test webpage and what do I need to run to get them working??

    Thxs in advance
    Ludo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    The MySQL part is the hardest part. You really need to go to the MySQL site and download the manual. Really. It's very good.

    If you do a Google for

    MySQL php

    you should find lots of tutorials. Don't expect this to be easy (but it's not rocket science, either).

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Delft, the Netherlands
    Posts
    76
    It's difficult to say anything without knowing more details. But one thing to watch out for is the case in Database/Table names. If you copied your db over from Windows (which is case-insensitive) sometimes files names are incorrect on Linux (which is case-sensitive). The correct names for the files are tablename.frm, tablename.MYD, tablename.MYI. Also check the permissions.

    If you are working on something that did work in another environment check mysql_error(). If you are starting from the beginning I'll second fingers99: there is lot's of good tutorials out there and the official PHP and MySql manuals are really very good.

    - - Edwin

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    France / Finland
    Posts
    61
    thxs

    I'll go to the MySQL website and print a nice documentation from work to read it at home
    eheh

    Ludo

    P.S: I really start to like Linux...

Similar Threads

  1. MySQL
    By mzee in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
  2. apache and mysql
    By dr_rude in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 02:37 AM
  3. MySQL Error
    By sniker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 03:50 AM
  4. [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql
    By Coume in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
  5. Get me going with MySQL
    By Terry@nz in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2003, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s picture

1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s

$45.49



Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested picture

Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested

$25.46



RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s picture

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s

$399.99