-
[mysql] how do I use it???
hi,
I am developping my website in php under linux but I need to connect to a mysql db...
It seems I have to copy my db in /etc/lib/mysql/ but how can I access them from my test webpage and what do I need to run to get them working??
Thxs in advance
Ludo
-
Senior Member
registered user
The MySQL part is the hardest part. You really need to go to the MySQL site and download the manual. Really. It's very good.
If you do a Google for
MySQL php
you should find lots of tutorials. Don't expect this to be easy (but it's not rocket science, either).
-
It's difficult to say anything without knowing more details. But one thing to watch out for is the case in Database/Table names. If you copied your db over from Windows (which is case-insensitive) sometimes files names are incorrect on Linux (which is case-sensitive). The correct names for the files are tablename.frm, tablename.MYD, tablename.MYI. Also check the permissions.
If you are working on something that did work in another environment check mysql_error(). If you are starting from the beginning I'll second fingers99: there is lot's of good tutorials out there and the official PHP and MySql manuals are really very good.
- - Edwin
-
Similar Threads
-
By mzee in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 17
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
-
By dr_rude in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-11-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By sniker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 03:50 AM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
-
By Terry@nz in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Processor (3.9GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4) Used
$80.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

LOT OF 6 Intel Core i7-6700 3.4ghz Desktop CPU • LGA1151 Socket H4 SR2L2
$169.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF
$39.95

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

LOT OF 10 Intel Core i5 Desktop CPU •5x 7500 5x 6500 •LGA1151 H4 SR2L6 SR335
$109.00