-
DOS WIN32 customized Knoppix?
Hi,
Let me first say I am very new to Linux. If not for Knoppix, I would never have stumbled into the wonderful world of Linux (I am an old time Unix user though). I love Knoppix, and I would like to use it for recovery of Windows / DOS systems. However, it is missing some key elements that I'd like to have. These are:
DOSEmu
Samba Server to connect to an NT Domain.
An I386 emulator package such as BOCHS or VMWare.
With that being said, it has a lot of things I DON'T need for this purpose. In reality, I could get by without a lot of the bells & whistles (stuff like open office, gimp, games, movie players). All I really need is the internet capability, KDE Desktop, file management, mounting of the windows volumes, A file editor, CD ROM burning software and the options mentioned above.
I have looked at the FAQ for customizing your own Knoppix distro, and I have to admit it is WAY beyond my current ability. Other than just continiuing to play with Linux until I can do the customization, can anyone else recommend some alternatives for me?
Thanks,
Darke
Similar Threads
-
By semolina in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By yangwawa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 07:35 AM
-
By ripper632 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:32 PM
-
By david_eliasson in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:11 PM
-
By archtron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08