Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knopix, spellchecker and CD-R

  1. #1
    hoeful
    Guest

    Knopix, spellchecker and CD-R

    Hi

    I am a newbie to Knoppix. It strikes me as being the best distro I have tried. However, I have two problems:
    1. The automatic spellchecker under OpenOffice and Kword marks all English words as being incorrect. I have checked the language, using the icon, checked the dictionaires and ensured all are English (the Icon shows a US flag) but it checks English as if it was a foriegn langauge!!!
    2. My CD-r does not appear as an Icon on the desktop. Instead I have two CD-roms. I have a cd-rom and a CD-writer in my machine. Does this mean I cannot use my writter.

    Cheers and thanks for all help

    Hopeful

  2. #2
    newby
    Guest
    I can't help you with the second one but in OO go tools/options/languagesand make the settigs you wnat.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Knopix, spellchecker and CD-R

    --As root, issue ' cdrecord -scanbus ' and see what it says.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoeful
    Hi

    I am a newbie to Knoppix. It strikes me as being the best distro I have tried. However, I have two problems:
    1. The automatic spellchecker under OpenOffice and Kword marks all English words as being incorrect. I have checked the language, using the icon, checked the dictionaires and ensured all are English (the Icon shows a US flag) but it checks English as if it was a foriegn langauge!!!
    2. My CD-r does not appear as an Icon on the desktop. Instead I have two CD-roms. I have a cd-rom and a CD-writer in my machine. Does this mean I cannot use my writter.

    Cheers and thanks for all help

    Hopeful

Similar Threads

  1. knopix + screenshots
    By xalia in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 06:54 PM
  2. No OO in Knopix 3.3
    By dstarke in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:01 AM
  3. mozilla spellchecker
    By ccceee in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 11:48 AM
  4. Knopix needs a VGA mode
    By krell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 12:30 AM
  5. knopix styling?
    By 99JSIMPS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 12:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black

$387.46



Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE

$190.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99