-
X permission problems
Ok, here's the issue:
I have installed knoppix (26/07) to my HDD and updated to kde3.1.3.
Before I updated, I could open a terminal, 'su' to root and then run any program I wanted.
However, as soon as I upgraded to kde-3.1.3, I could not do this anymore.
For example, it comes up with the following error when I try to run kedit:
root@debianbox:/home# kedit
Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: No protocol specified
kedit: cannot connect to X server :0.0
This error occurs with any program that I run that requires X access. I aslo can no longer launch programs like synaptic from the menu.
Any ideas how to fix this people??? Surely this is just some type of config problem??
Similar Threads
-
By dougvega in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:19 PM
-
By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By chook in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:57 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 11:39 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99

LOT OF 4 Micron 16GB DDR4-2400 RDIMM 2Rx4 MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G3B1QG
$239.99

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80