Yes the faster the processor the larger the cache the less disc access that has to be done, the same with RAM the more the better with enough it will never even use the /swap partition.
I've run Knoppix on many systems from P-166 and K6-200 up to Athlons. I recently tried Knoppix on 2 PIIs (300, 450). Booting took about as long as I expected but both systems seemed to run much faster than I expected. PIIs have 512k L2 cache; could that be the reason?
Yes the faster the processor the larger the cache the less disc access that has to be done, the same with RAM the more the better with enough it will never even use the /swap partition.

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 *TESTED FOR POWER*
$349.99
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00