-
Junior Member
registered user
Linux for musicians
First of all, some intro about myself.. Over the years, I installed various linux distros but always ended up removing it entirely from my HD. Knoppix changes my entire perception on Linux... Currently I have 3 pc at home, all running Knoppix. At work I use knoppix to run xterm on pc, that way I can run xterm terminal from anywhere in the company to login to servers to run cad apps, previously limited to dedicated unix workstations and pc running commercial xterm emulation.
Knoppix has done great service for Linux.. thanks. But I have a small complain. My pc at home dual boots with win95 because I need to compose music. I have not found any usable linux apps to compose, sequence and play midi yet... I have tried a few but they sux. The day I find the software to compose music on linux is the day I remove win95 partition entire from my hardisk... I am eagerly awaiting that day.
My kid's pc also dual boots with win98 for obvious reasons, games and edu softwares...nothing much we can do here.
My spouse's pc dual boots with win2k for because the need to run visual c++ and sql development environment. nothing much we can do here yet
Similar Threads
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By mpeden in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By ziggyrafiq in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2004, 10:40 PM
-
By Lame_Duck in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 05:19 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lof ot 2 SK Hynix 16GB DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 2Rx8 SODIMM RAM HMA82GS6CJR8N-VK
$334.99

Samsung 64gb PC4-3200AA 2Rx4 DDR4 ECC LRDIMM Memory M393A8G40AB2-CWE - PARTS
$1450.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

LOT OF 2 ~ 32GB Samsung M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q DDR4 RDIMM ECC Server Memory
$319.00