Yes the faster the processor the larger the cache the less disc access that has to be done, the same with RAM the more the better with enough it will never even use the /swap partition.
I've run Knoppix on many systems from P-166 and K6-200 up to Athlons. I recently tried Knoppix on 2 PIIs (300, 450). Booting took about as long as I expected but both systems seemed to run much faster than I expected. PIIs have 512k L2 cache; could that be the reason?
Yes the faster the processor the larger the cache the less disc access that has to be done, the same with RAM the more the better with enough it will never even use the /swap partition.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99