post /etc/apt/sources.list as well as full error messages. It is too vague to find out what is wrong with what you described.
I keep getting this error when trying to run apt-get install (package). Everything seems to be mounted and running properly. I am at a loss. . .I am using Damn Small as my base to build from. I also made sure to untar the dpkg from the site in the proper location.
post /etc/apt/sources.list as well as full error messages. It is too vague to find out what is wrong with what you described.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00
Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99