The problems starts with scsi aborting timeout. I don't have any scsi in my system.
Then its kernel panix.
The Interupt handler not syncing.
Best,
David.
I think Knoppix is great. Have been using linux 5 years now.
Sometimes when I boot it on my desktop it loads the ramdisk then detects devices then fails on IRQ and gives a message about stack and not sincing.
Don't know how to save this output.
System is an AMD 1gz on a Gigabyte 71gax, 380 mb ram. Plug and Play is enabled in bios. Don't want to change this if I don't have to.
Have saved configuration and made home directory, but doesn't get to this point of boot. booting Knoppix lang=us seems to be more sucessful.
I particularly would like to know if this is bad for my hardware.
I have no problems with my thinkpad p2 notebook.
David.
The problems starts with scsi aborting timeout. I don't have any scsi in my system.
Then its kernel panix.
The Interupt handler not syncing.
Best,
David.
What cheat codes have you tried? I would suggest knoppix noscsi at the boot: prompt and maybe even a few more of the no options like noapic and if everything else fails just failsafe at the prompt.Originally Posted by drg55
I read all the FAQ and was going to give the noscsi a go.
I usually do lang=us home= myconfiig=
It would seem to me that the myconfig could occur earlier in the boot process so that all the devices did not have to be searched for every time.
Thanks indeed for your help.
David.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
DOS Joystick Gameport to USB Converter - Adapter (NEW, 3-axis, 2-button)
$49.95
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67