Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Stuck at Boot: Command prompt

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2

    Stuck at Boot: Command prompt

    Please can anyone help me.

    I bought “Linuxurious Knoppix 3.2 (Download Edition) – 1 CD” recently. I am able to boot from CD and could see the Knoppix logo and background.

    At the “boot:” command prompt, I hit enter( I also tried several other command given by the F2 Help menu).

    I see “Loading vmlinuz……” and nothing happens for a long while. No other keys work and I need to restart the PC.

    Please tell me what to do next. My PC is Pentium 3 and I am using a CD-R/RW drive.

    Many Thanks.

    Sean Lim

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Stuck at Boot: Command prompt

    Does ' knoppix 2 vga=normal ' work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Please can anyone help me.

    I bought “Linuxurious Knoppix 3.2 (Download Edition) – 1 CD” recently. I am able to boot from CD and could see the Knoppix logo and background.

    At the “boot:” command prompt, I hit enter( I also tried several other command given by the F2 Help menu).

    I see “Loading vmlinuz……” and nothing happens for a long while. No other keys work and I need to restart the PC.

    Please tell me what to do next. My PC is Pentium 3 and I am using a CD-R/RW drive.

    Many Thanks.

    Sean Lim

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2
    Dave, Thank you very much. I managed to run Knoppix on another Laptop. I am probably going to install Red Hat on this PC instead. Thanks again. Sean

Similar Threads

  1. KNOPPIX booting into command prompt, HELP
    By dhkkong in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 06:40 AM
  2. Brand new... got a command prompt... now what?
    By Virulent in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 05:53 AM
  3. Error after Knoppix command prompt
    By Exit in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 07:26 PM
  4. Boot Prompt command to recognize (hde)?
    By e.newed in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
  5. How to use loadlin from within WinNT Command Prompt
    By burmo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 04:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install picture

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install

$174.99



Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+ picture

Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+

$174.99



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99