Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Stuck at Boot: Command prompt

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2

    Stuck at Boot: Command prompt

    Please can anyone help me.

    I bought “Linuxurious Knoppix 3.2 (Download Edition) – 1 CD” recently. I am able to boot from CD and could see the Knoppix logo and background.

    At the “boot:” command prompt, I hit enter( I also tried several other command given by the F2 Help menu).

    I see “Loading vmlinuz……” and nothing happens for a long while. No other keys work and I need to restart the PC.

    Please tell me what to do next. My PC is Pentium 3 and I am using a CD-R/RW drive.

    Many Thanks.

    Sean Lim

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Stuck at Boot: Command prompt

    Does ' knoppix 2 vga=normal ' work?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Please can anyone help me.

    I bought “Linuxurious Knoppix 3.2 (Download Edition) – 1 CD” recently. I am able to boot from CD and could see the Knoppix logo and background.

    At the “boot:” command prompt, I hit enter( I also tried several other command given by the F2 Help menu).

    I see “Loading vmlinuz……” and nothing happens for a long while. No other keys work and I need to restart the PC.

    Please tell me what to do next. My PC is Pentium 3 and I am using a CD-R/RW drive.

    Many Thanks.

    Sean Lim

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2
    Dave, Thank you very much. I managed to run Knoppix on another Laptop. I am probably going to install Red Hat on this PC instead. Thanks again. Sean

Similar Threads

  1. KNOPPIX booting into command prompt, HELP
    By dhkkong in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 06:40 AM
  2. Brand new... got a command prompt... now what?
    By Virulent in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2004, 05:53 AM
  3. Error after Knoppix command prompt
    By Exit in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 07:26 PM
  4. Boot Prompt command to recognize (hde)?
    By e.newed in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 05:15 PM
  5. How to use loadlin from within WinNT Command Prompt
    By burmo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 04:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box picture

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box

$48.00



VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE  Parts or Repair READ picture

VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE Parts or Repair READ

$150.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00