Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Get your Knoppix 3.2 DVD here.

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Get your Knoppix 3.2 DVD here.

    Yes it's true. You can buy your own Knoppix DVD (english verison) now. Each DVD is burned and booted by me personally w/ testcd to insure that you are getting a bootable DVD. This is Knoppix 3.2 with alot of additional software. ALOT!! About 4.4Gig's worth in fact. Yes..........it has Gnome too. It also has Fabians new installation script knoppix-installer that you've all come to know and love.

    I have personally installed this DVD edition to my hdd, everything including apt-get is working fine.

    Before you decide you'd like to flame me for being a capitalist pig (which I am) please realize that this is alot of work. I already have a job. It's just that so very many people have emailed about this DVD that I had to do this or throw the damned thing away! :P

    The DVD is $20 shipping included through the USPS to most anywhere in the world (barring some unusual circumstances). There are two ways to pay: The slowest is a money order, the fastest is through PayPal.

    Send an email to: [email protected] and I'll send you the details on how to go about getting your very own Knoppix DVD. Please indicate how you'll be paying, either with PayPal or money order. You can easily sign up for PayPal if you don't already have an account.

    While I don't mind email to my personal account regarding Linux I absolutely don't want to see one more Knoppix DVD related email in said account. All DVD email must be sent to the above address or it will be deleted upon sight! No exceptions.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    139
    My question... Is the 4gb using cloop or is it all uncompressed?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    Hi,

    is the packages.txt list available somewhere for the KNOPPIX dvd?

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    33
    Expect an email from me next week.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Iowa U.S.A.
    Posts
    226
    Hi All,

    Hmmmmm where did I hear this:

    I'm not afraid to dl a 1.5G image- no problems there BUT I don't have a DVD burner. I could go buy one........and be summarily executed by the wife on my return........or...hope that another avenue appears. (hint-hint).
    I traveled 250 mile to a university to use a DVD burner, purchased DVD+R -- the wrong kind -- before getting my copy. But I love my DVD even if it the defective beta version. So I say that this is a bargain. But I think we should have some assurance that the matter in the above quote has been nicely resolved.

    Here is a link to the original dvd packages. The link may not last
    since it is to a download site. The dvd iso is not available for
    download as far as I know.

    ftp://csociety-ftp.ecn.purdue.edu/pu...ckages-dvd.txt

    Best Wishes
    paradocs

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Either this DVD is based on an earlier beta, or a normal knoppix and just remastered to be really huge.

    The error with the DVD files, was due to the cloop not working above 4gb ( 32bits ). This was fixed in version 1.0 of cloop, and in Knoppix version 2003-07-24 : http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3797

    If this remaster is based on the DVD beta, then the cloop modules and tools will need to be replaced.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Beta2
    Cloop version 0.68
    Kernel 2.4.21-xfs

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear Sirs,
    I ordered and I have on my hands the original Knoppix DVD version. My question is: this version that I have have the "cloop not working above 4gb" problem or not ??? Is it any way to test it by myself ???


    Best Regards
    Mike Kranidis

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3

    dvd image to download?

    hy
    is the knoppix dvd only to buy or is it possible do download an iso or image?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3
    Hi!
    I am very sad, that there is no vpn client on the dvd version either...
    i was disappointed, besause i needed one when i used the normal version, but i counldn't install it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested) picture

Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)

$39.00