-
Wireless LAN Config problem on Compaq presario laptop
Hi,
I just got the Knoppix 3.2 CD, it boots great and indeed recognizes all the devices on my laptop without a flaw, but when i started configuring my laptop on wireless LAN i am having problems. I entered basic configuration items like ESSID(linksys), IP, Gateway, broadcast address etc. I was not sure what to enter in NWID and other parameters so I left them blank. I enabled WEP with an encryption key.
I have the following hardware:
1) D-Link wireless LAN card
2) 4 Port Linksys AP/Router/Switch
IP config : 192.168.1.101
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
If anyone has got this working with the similar config, I would appreaciate any hints or procedure.
Thanks
Narsi
Similar Threads
-
By cbrands in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-27-2005, 04:29 AM
-
By pilothaz in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 05:46 AM
-
By t0ast in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 06:27 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 04:17 AM
-
By hongchai in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 05:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98