-
knoppix-install only gives me 2 options?!
Hello Everyone,
I've tried knoppix-install on a few different machine, but it only seems to work on one. In must case I only get the two options.
1.partition
2.quit
On the one where it does work, I get all the options, partition, install, load, save and quit. The oddity is on the systems where it doesn't work, I have to kill the installer to get out of it.
Any ideas?!
cesman
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm not sure what the cause of this is, but I recently experienced the same thing. Knoppix-installer worked fine as I was working through it the first time, but during this same first time through I had to kill the install. When I restarted it with the knoppix-installer script - the only options for me were to partition and to quit. I was in a hurry so I ended up using the old knx-hdinstall to install.
-
I think it is a hardware issue on one of my test systems. I've since tried on a laptop and my main workstation and all appears normal.
cesman
-
Yes maybe its a hardware issue, but there΄s a workaround (worked for me anyway) Do the partitioning in cfdisk and quit, start knx-hdinstall and format your swap partition, quit and start knoppix-installer and you should see all options.
Regards
Mike
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sounds good. Thanks Mike.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Don't think it can be a hardware issue. First time I did the install on my laptop, I got the four options. Second time I did it, same machine , I got only two options.
With regard to the swap partition, perhaps it's worth pointing out that it's a good idea to fix the size you want before hard disc installing from the cdrom. Knoppix will use any swap partition it finds and while it is being used the size can't be altered.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I also fot the 2 options while using BOTH knoppix-installer and knx-hdinstall the reason is that "the disk does not contain a valid partition table"(see my related post on this). this does not happen on version 0606.
I think it is the new kernel.
Similar Threads
-
By kernco in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM
-
By kgw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:37 AM
-
By miazmaticdotcom in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 04:25 PM
-
By Journey44 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 05:56 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-26-2003, 05:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

π Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12Γ Gigabit PoE+ β’ 2Γ 10G SFP+ Compact Switch β‘
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.55