-
another dumb newbie question
I looked through the man pages and I couldn't find this out: what's the command to mount a drive and then open it in the file manager?
I'm asking because I formatted my second hard in ext3 and now I want to use it for storage (like my huge collection of wallpapers and mp3s).
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Take a look at /etc/fstab
you've almost certainly got a hashed out entry for that drive. Just check the details. If OK, remove the #.
Do mount -a to make sure /etc/fstab is run again (I don't think this is necessary post 3.1, BWTH)
In your desktop, right click > create new > hard disk
now, under the general section put a label that means something to you.
In the device section, put /dev/whatever (this will be the first part of the relevant line in /etc/fstab)
In the permissions section, tick appropriately: I have all categories to read, user to write, but what you put here will depend very much on what you want.
That's it!
To open it, click once, select mount, click again to open it.
-
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By BeckBristow in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
-
By oldgeezer in forum General Support
Replies: 19
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 06:59 AM
-
By archvile in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 03:54 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:02 AM
-
By Lawgick in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95