Try here for starters:
http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/debian-knoppix.html
there are plenty of links to well written and generally splendid info on the docs section of this site.
Have fun!
Hi
I have just started running and like it very much, but a can't see any way to install to my Hd.
I put in the CD and boot and the i get a screen that says BOOT if i hit Enter it runs from CD...
And help would be great
Terry
Try here for starters:
http://www.bytebot.net/geekdocs/debian-knoppix.html
there are plenty of links to well written and generally splendid info on the docs section of this site.
Have fun!
Once you get the CD fully booted type "knoppix-installer" as root. That should start the install script.
I'm sure the Debian HD install is cool. I prefer copying the CD files to a HD partition and creating a boot floppy.
For me: floppy in = Knoppix, floppy out = Win98.
I'm using Knoppix on my HD right now. I don't worry about anyone getting root on my system.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$136.15
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
Microsoft SQL Server 2022 Standard 24 Core unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$199.00
Toshiba Magnia SG20 VPN Linux server Web server (No HDD, *Read*) -
$60.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00