-
X and run levels
Hello Everyone,
I remastered Knoppix, but I've lost the ability for X to be configure and start after a hard drive install. I've looked in various place in order to solve this, but I'm at a lose. Any clues? Also, how can I dictate what daemons get started. I'm referring to /etc/rcX.d/. What I want to get started start when booting from the CD, but again are lose after a hard drive install.
Thanks in advance,
cesman
-
Problem solved! Fabain was able to help me on the IRC! You must modify the knoppix-install script to get what ever daemon you want started. To do this, you'd modify the script below:
chroot "$TR" su $USER_NAME -c mkdesktopicons
Here is an example:
chroot $TR update-rc.d daemon defaults
Will add which ever daemon(where daemon is the name of the daemon you want to start), it will place it in all run levels. So, it you wanted to start Apache:
chroot $TR update-rc.d apache defaults
If you want one daemon to start before another:
chroot $TR update-rc.d apache defaults 30
chroot $TR update-rc.d mysql defaults 35
Will ensure mysql start after apache. If you only want a daemon to start at a specific run level:
chroot $TR update-rc.d mysql defaults 35 5
Will start mysql only on run level 5(X). The problem with X not starting was due to my oversight.
cesman
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm lazy and have been using kxconfig rather than editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
Run kxconfig as root and you sould be able to make your modifications there. Otherwise you'll need to edit the aforementioned file by hand.
Similar Threads
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

PNY Optima SSD Series 240GB SATA III 6 Gb/s Solid State Drive
$39.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$56.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00