-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mrdark
Ok quick update.
I tried the steps that fabianx provided above about coping them to the knoppix dir on the cd (without changing anything else on my currently working remaster) and reburning. I then popped the cd into the nvidia pc and gave it a test run. during boot I was pleased to see that it found the card and then unpacked the nvidia.tgz file. The nvidia logo popped up and it went into kde.
I immediately tried armagetron (gl accel tron game) and boom it worked at almost 300 fps. Then I tried another called chromium, and it failed to start. Tried it in a console and it said that libglpng was missing. I thought it strange so I tried yet another game clanbomber. Again it came up with errors. It to seemed to be missing a lib file.
Well after trying 10 more games(including 2d, 3d, and kde games) and 7 other progs. I only got 2 games to work and 5 programs. Everything seemed to complain about missing files. Specifically lib and sdl files.
When I had tried to incorperate the drivers before into my custom remaster I used the directions on this set of posts (second page from thread)
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ghlight=nvidia
using this method didn't work either (no gl progs would run at all) but it let other progs run without creating missing files.
So where to go from this point I have no clue, but I do believe that some sort of true integration is needed for a remaster. Maybe something that can be done in a chrooted environment so we can mkisofs it into the big knoppix file.
Anyway thanks for trying.
Hi,
thank you for your report.
And chromium and co does work if started on your ATI machines ?
Its strange could you please do:
ldd $(which chromium) in a console and give me the output ?
And for the start I would need exact error messages if possible 
cu
Fabian
PS: Your remaster sounds kind of interesting ... Do you plan to upload it ? I think I could provide space ...
Similar Threads
-
By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
-
By colpitts in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
-
By robelanator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 49
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
-
By 3p0cHx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC
$34.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$74.99