-
Junior Member
registered user
[quote="A. Jorge Garcia"]OK, now let me get this straight. If I run this script from a liveCD along with the nvidia.tbz I will get a modified XF86Config-4 file. Now what? How do I use this with an hdinstall?
I can't just /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 /mnt/hda7/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as I did to get the knoppix vga=normal screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 boot string (cheat code) to work on my hdinstall, right? How do I actually compile and install the drivers to hda7 instead of the CD? Also, how do I know which nvidia drivers are being installed? I need series 4192 I think for my VANTA card at home.
BTW, I'm doing this for my kids at home to play bzflag. At school, my students would like to play bzflag too, but I don't have nvidia cards there. I have those pesky intel video on board chips.... Do I use DRI for these?
If you already have Knoppix installed on hda7 just boot up your hdinstall and run the script from your hda7 installation of Knoppix. Somewhere at the beginning of this thread, fabianx states which driver version is used.
Similar Threads
-
By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
-
By colpitts in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
-
By robelanator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 49
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 10:10 PM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
-
By 3p0cHx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink SIP Phone T85W
$153.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

MagicJack Plus K1103 VoIP USB Phone Adapter AC Power Adapter Open Box
$21.23

Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP
$800.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99