Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: [SCRIPT] Install nvidia-gfx-drivers while running from CD

  1. #41
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10
    I changed the ftp into http. Worked.

  2. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    To old

    I cant install the script in knoppix 3.3 (the last version). At the end, my pc crash.
    And the precompiled nvidia.tgz doesnt work because are diferente kernell version. I have a Nvidia 5200 FX
    Can the autor update the script?

    Thanks for your time

  3. #43

    update?

    hi,

    First thanks for the nice scripts, they work really well! The nvidia-live.sh script works perfectly on my Dell Inspiron 8100 using the live Knoppix CD, version 3.3.

    However it uses quite old NVidia drivers, namely the 1.0-4349 version. If you simply change the variable VER in the script to use more recent versions it doesn't work, because the NVIDIA_kernel-....tar.gz and NVIDIA_GLX-....tar.gz do not exist for the recent drivers, only the NVIDIA-Linux-...-pkg1.run exists. I saw that some scripts have been written for these recent drivers on http://kanotix.com/files/ , but as far as I understand these scripts are for a hard drive install of Knoppix, not for using with liveCD, right?

    So could it be possible to update the nvidia-live.sh script for more recent NVidia drivers? I'd like to do it myself, I tried a bit, but as I'm not a programmer at all I got a bit confused...

    Thanks a lot!

  4. #44
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    Re: update?

    Quote Originally Posted by societelibre
    hi,

    First thanks for the nice scripts, they work really well! The nvidia-live.sh script works perfectly on my Dell Inspiron 8100 using the live Knoppix CD, version 3.3.

    However it uses quite old NVidia drivers, namely the 1.0-4349 version. If you simply change the variable VER in the script to use more recent versions it doesn't work, because the NVIDIA_kernel-....tar.gz and NVIDIA_GLX-....tar.gz do not exist for the recent drivers, only the NVIDIA-Linux-...-pkg1.run exists. I saw that some scripts have been written for these recent drivers on http://kanotix.com/files/ , but as far as I understand these scripts are for a hard drive install of Knoppix, not for using with liveCD, right?

    So could it be possible to update the nvidia-live.sh script for more recent NVidia drivers? I'd like to do it myself, I tried a bit, but as I'm not a programmer at all I got a bit confused...

    Thanks a lot!
    Hi,

    added it to my todo list.

    Thank you.

    Sorry, will not have the time soon, but we'll see ...

    cu

    Fabian

  5. #45
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Perhaps we should ask Nvidia for permission to make precompiled nvidia.tgz available for download through klik ("Linux exception" of their license).

  6. #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    Please, the comunity really need this driver. Have you start to make it?
    PD: I try to merge nvidia-live.sh and install-nvidia-5336-debian.sh but i cant do on my own, i think that isnt too dificult

    Pleaseeeee ...

    Thanks for your time

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Nvidia Drivers
    By Dioxin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 03:29 PM
  2. nvidia live install script - Knoppix 3.8.1
    By colpitts in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
  3. HOWTO: Nvidia drivers after hard drive install
    By robelanator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 10:10 PM
  4. Would like to install Nvidia drivers in 2.6.5
    By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
  5. kernel 2.6.5 Nvidia Drivers install problems
    By 3p0cHx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 11:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4" 256GB 12GB Gray Wi-Fi AMOLED Android

$580.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



LOT OF 20  128GB 2230 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs | Mixed Brands picture

LOT OF 20 128GB 2230 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs | Mixed Brands

$269.95



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00