-
devpts problems for non-root user
I'm trying to compile the expect package as a non-root user. Issuing the `make test` command results in
---
expect.test
The system has no more ptys. Ask your system administrator to create more.
---
If I run that same command as root then the tests pass as expected. How do I enable non-root users to access the devpts filesystem? I've already tried remounting /dev/pts with gid=5 and mode=620 but that didn't change a thing 
Thanks,
Matt.
-
As a follow up if I run `script;exit;make test` then the testsuite runs through all 25 tests (as is the case with root running `make test`) but only passes 14 of them. Why would running `script` beforehand change this? Does anyone know how I can get `expect` to produce a detailed report of which command it failed to get the expected output from - all I get at the moment is a generic "got return code 1. Expected 0 or 2".
Thanks,
Matt
Similar Threads
-
By Wavform in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 03:44 AM
-
By spacedude89 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 09:51 AM
-
By NewGuy in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2004, 02:59 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By zuzo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99