Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: USB Pen drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3

    USB Pen drive

    Hi all
    I have just started learning to use knoppix linux. How can I use my USB pen drive. As knoppix boots up it sees the pen drive as sda1 (i think). How do I access this drive. I have tried "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/flash" bit it says it cannot find mount point

    Any help would be welcome

    Regards

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3
    Ok guys I just solved the problem. I did what I should have done in the first place and did a search in the forum and found my answer

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4

    Somebody interested for USB Knoppix

    Hi Knoppixer;
    Now I read your question and your answer, and I don't understand that if you boot up your PC with floppy and after with USB pen drive, or, you boot up directly with USB pen drive Knoppix?
    I'm very interested in this subject.
    If you get it, I have grateful if you explain me your process to make a USB Knoppix. :P

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NORTH EAST ENGLAND
    Posts
    38
    I have found my usb pen drive very handy. I have used it to recover files from an unbootable system, useful for crashed win boxes. Also I have my config on it. Wished I would have waited a few weeks though, mine is half the price it was........

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3
    my usb jetflash key is detected as /mnt/sda1


Similar Threads

  1. Permanent home onto Sandisk USB flash drive ruined drive
    By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  2. How to copy an NTFS drive to another NTFS drive
    By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
  3. Hard Drive Salvage from corrupted Windows XP NTFS drive
    By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
  4. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit picture

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit

$199.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair picture

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair

$323.75



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95