-
Why not go all the way?
I know, I know, Knoppix was meant to run off the cd, and this is especially great for diskless PCs or maybe for those with a very small drive or a USB memory device.
But - we already have the DVD version with Mr. Franz's installation script. I'm going to order mine next week and install it. So why not go ahead and make a version of Knoppix meant for hard drive installation? Maybe a multi-cd distro with only the first cd being required (and please keep it Debian-compatible)?
Now, I'm not suggesting that the live cd Knoppix be abandoned, not at all. (And if I understand correctly, it's planned for Knoppix to become modular like Morphix - this means you can choose exactly what apps you want to be on the cd.) I just think a full-fledged Knoppix-hd distro would be great too, if Mr. Knopper can find the people to do this. I'd do it myself but the only coding I know is html.
Surely I'm not the only person who's interested in this?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08