Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Why not go all the way?

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Superstoned
    although I prefer it graphical - I understand for *nix fans commandline is sacred...
    I don't think it is the command line is sacred a graphical installer would take up more space than a script and space on the CD is at a premium so it's a matter of what useful program gets removed so you can have the graphic installer.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    I guess the way fabian's knoppix-installer works, a "graphical" installer doesnt take more space compared to an non-graphical script...???

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Outdated and underrated, and I'm only 31 - look what you have to look forward to! :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Superstoned
    maybe you're just outdated

    (just joking, no offence meant)

    although I prefer it graphical - I understand for *nix fans commandline is sacred...

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298
    damn
    within the next 9 years I'll become as *outdated* as you are...

    damn didnt expect that... although... last week's saterday evening I chose to stay home, cuz I was not interested in going out - strange thing for me... looks like its beginning

    and beside that, commandline might be for outdated ppl (I'll have to learn working with it quick ) but I guess graphical is for the retarded/stupid/slow - so I'll have to through a period when I'm learning to be outdated, while still retarded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options picture

Cisco WS-C3850-48P-S 48-Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch w/ 10G Uplink Module Options

$259.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G

$75.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50