Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: source for new knoppix-install

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    bonn
    Posts
    11

    source for new knoppix-install

    Hey,


    I tried to get the source for the
    new Knoppix-Install from

    http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/

    but I only got the old knx installer.


    So where is actually the new code?


    Thanks!


    john

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555
    The new installer is a shell script, so it is its own readable source.
    If I recall correctly (I'm posting from another OS), it lives under /usr/local/sbin/knoppix-installer.
    If that's wrong, try "type -p knoppix-installer"

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    bonn
    Posts
    11

    source code for knoppix-install

    Quote Originally Posted by baldyeti
    The new installer is a shell script, so it is its own readable source.
    If I recall correctly (I'm posting from another OS), it lives under /usr/local/sbin/knoppix-installer.
    If that's wrong, try "type -p knoppix-installer"
    Unfortunately, I do not have
    the new distro. Indeed, I am
    looking for the new script
    Knoppix-install in order to
    decide if it worth ordering it.

    I can only offer 2G to knoppix:
    either knoppix-install allows me
    to pick what I need under the limit
    of 2G or it is of no use to me.

    Regards

    john

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    555

    Re: source code for knoppix-install

    Quote Originally Posted by john_h
    Unfortunately, I do not have
    the new distro. Indeed, I am
    looking for the new script
    Knoppix-install in order to
    decide if it worth ordering it.
    Oh, I see. I'll ask Fabian on the linuxtag mailing list if his script is available online.
    Otherwise, I could mail it to you if you like.

    - updated -

    The author Fabian Franz has been kind enough to put it online at
    http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/installer/

    Cheers,

    bald

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    bonn
    Posts
    11

    new still old

    Thanks, I got now the source for new
    installer.

    Just looking at it (without running it),
    it seems to focus on partitioning and
    formating. My problem is not solved at
    all, the entire distro is copied to hard
    disk, no chance to pick what you need
    and to comply with space restrictions.

    So should the maintainer of the script
    care, my Xmas wish would be an installer
    that gives at least three options:

    (1) text only, no X

    (2) X, xterm, no desktop environment

    (3) kde as usual

    Regards


    john

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: new still old

    Quote Originally Posted by john_h
    Thanks, I got now the source for new
    installer.

    Just looking at it (without running it),
    it seems to focus on partitioning and
    formating. My problem is not solved at
    all, the entire distro is copied to hard
    disk, no chance to pick what you need
    and to comply with space restrictions.

    So should the maintainer of the script
    care, my Xmas wish would be an installer
    that gives at least three options:

    (1) text only, no X

    (2) X, xterm, no desktop environment

    (3) kde as usual

    Regards


    john
    As long as you know your hardware and want to through some configuration after install I would suggest Bonzai Linux and seeing as your from Germany you might even be able to understand the Project Home Page which is more than I could when I put it on my machine.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.8.1 HDD Install - Where are the Linux source files
    By Ranger24 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2005, 03:26 PM
  2. Problems after HDD install getting kernel-source using kpack
    By wavesailor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:57 PM
  3. How to install Kernel source file?
    By PeterW in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 01:37 PM
  4. Plz help i dont know how to install source code programs!
    By jjman123 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 12:19 AM
  5. a kernel source install script
    By nishtya in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00