Add them to /etc/modules
How do I install a module during bootup of linux? I'd like to insert these into the boot sequence so that they are installed auotmatically:
code:
insmod pctel
insmod ptserial
Add them to /etc/modules
I have also found that you can do it during bootup by putting something like this in your etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh:
/sbin/modprobe <module name> &
Hope this helps. I used it to make a Cisco MiniPCI card work on a Knoppix 7/24/2003 HD Install!!
Cheers![]()

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98
Dell Latitude 5400 i5 8th Gen. 16 GB RAM No Storage 08B8 Grade C Locked No AC
$77.99