Go to http://www.skyjammer.com/files/knoppixOriginally Posted by garyng
Once Garyng sends the files, they will be available there.
I don't have a place to host it but I can send the modified initrd to anyone who like, well hopefully someone can host it so I don't have to send it again and again. just a few line of changes.
I also got a modified GRUB utility which can be run under win32 so anyone can install in on XP system.
Go to http://www.skyjammer.com/files/knoppixOriginally Posted by garyng
Once Garyng sends the files, they will be available there.
Thanks for hosting the files. Because of personal need(I want to test the new KNOPPIX), I am working on a new "Broken man's HD install" as I now have all the necessary pieces in place. The aim would be:Originally Posted by rf_homer
1. no burning of CD required(even the first time), for those without burner
2. no commercial tools needed to extract the clooped image in the ISO(at the moment I still need a third party tools like MagicISO to get it under XP)
3. no booting into linux(the current poorman's install instruction need to)
4. no boot floppy needed.
If Klaus finally agree to include the newer NTFS driver, it would be possible for a 'download -> install -> reboot' method to introduce KNOPPIX to a XP/W2K machine.
OK, I got sick of this machine that came preinstalled with WINXP and NTFS. So, I reinstalled WINXP on VFAT32.
Now, not only can I place the compressed KNOPPIX file on c:\KNOPPIX, but its really easy to make a DOS Boot Disk! Just go to My Computer and click on the floppy. Then if you click on format there's a choice for formatting s boot floppy! All you have to do is add the autoexec.bat file.
Works like a charm!
Regards,

Intel Core Ultra 7 270K Plus 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores)
$269.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800XT 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$179.99
Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00
HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95
*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00
Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99
Lenovo Thinkbook 14 inch (256GB, Intel Core i7 8th Gen., 1.80GHz, 8GB) Laptop -
$429.99
Ryzen 7 8700F New AMD Socket AM5 4.10GHz 8Core/16Thr L3 16MB 65W CPU Processor
$138.99