-
Senior Member
registered user
All:
Say it ain't so! I was going to do a poor man's install with the latest greatest KNOPPIX ISO this Sept when my new lab is installed....
Oh, you can druel now: 25 Pentium IV 2.4 Ghz, 778MB RAM, 120 GB HDD, I don't know the rest yet (sound, video, etc.) - but thank God I don't have to deal with those 2 labs anymore I had last year!!!
bong:
Well, the only time I've gotten an error like this in the past was because I had a bad copy of the KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file or bad CD media or bad HDD media or an incomplete copy to the HDD (is your HDD full? is it too small?).
I have poor man installed all V3.1 releases of KNOPPIX and all V3.2 releases of KNOPPIX up to 2003.0606 without a problem. The only reason I've encountered these errors in the past is due to the fact that when I upgrade to a new release, I'm copying KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX to 50 PCs for my students' 2 computer science labs (so I do this alot) and I do so with very old (sometimes unreliable) hardware!
Also, you say that you've been able to poor man install MORPHIX too? I've never had success with that, how did you do it? Pray, tell, do!
j.drake: RED ALERT, CAUTION, BEWARE...
As to NTFS, I think that garyng's post spoke of updating the Linux NTFS drivers from the 1.x version that KNOPPIX uses to the newer 2.x driver. I imagine that means on a full hdinstall or a remaster, not the poor man's install. Right?
All:
BTW, the old script for a full Debian Linux install to a Linux partition was knx-hdinstall. Which directory was that in again?
Also, there's a newer script, right? What's it called, where do I find it and how do I use it??? If the poor man install won't work with the latest KNOPPIX ISO, I may have to break down and actually do a hdinstall. 
TIA,
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By probono in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By musclemania2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:26 AM
-
By Obsidian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software
$49.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete
$125.00

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00

Vintage Retro Gaming | EU Plug W/US Adapter | Commodore 1084 CRT Color Monitor
$249.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$62.99