-
Senior Member
registered user
I haven't downloaded the latest KNOPPIX so I don't know. I use a previous version of KNOPPIX but compiled my own kernel which I incorporate a new NTFS driver which I have no problem putting the big clooped KNOPPIX file on an NTFS partition(this cannot be done with the KNOPPIX kernel on the CD).
As for writing to NTFS partition, the new driver is quite stable in 'overwritten' but not freely write to NTFS partition. What it means is that I can say create a large file in window and then create a file system using the loopback driver on it, this is how KNOPPIX handle persistent home.
As for the MBR, I have it solved too(so long we are talking about NT/W2K/XP). I have patched an utility for GRUB which can be run under WIN32. What it means is that I don't have to touch any of the partition/MBR but can still install a copy of GRUB on a NTFS or FAT partition under Window and chain boot into it using the NT boot loader.
In this way, I can dual boot happily between various flavour of linux(all from GRUB) or XP without repartition my HD in anyway. I hate repartitioning which is why I went to such length to make sure KNOPPIX run happily on a M$ poisoned system(like the whole HD is formatted for NTFS).
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By probono in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By musclemania2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:26 AM
-
By Obsidian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.27

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00