-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi Jorge,
Thanks for replying(At Last). I was really hoping for you to answer because I think you are the most experirence poor man's install user. I am just disappointed that you have not tried the latest version. Here are my answers:
1. I don't think my cd is defective. It works as a live cd. The problem on a live cd is that it does not detect my hd partitions. In the text that are displayed at boot time there is supposed to be a line stating " hda1 hda2<hda5 hda6 hda7 hda8>" .On using knoppix 0726 I only get "hda1 hda2<> " which indicated that hda2 (the logical partition) has no partition at all.
I forgot to mention that when I tried to upgrade my kernel to 2.3.21 I also get this partition table problem. So I believe thi s is a kernel problem.
I have also tried the "upgrade script " (upgrade from 0606 to 726-see the home page this forum)and the resulting ISO also has this partition problem.
2. No I have not 'poor man's installed' Morphix since I cannot boot the latest version. Version b was installed to my home pc but have already removed it.
3. There are complaints in this forum about the latest install script showing only partition and quit as the choices. I think the reason is this partition not detected problem.
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 08:22 PM
-
By probono in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By prehis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 04:44 AM
-
By musclemania2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:26 AM
-
By Obsidian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage
$200.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage GA-5AX ALi Aladin & SN2000P LAN Card Manuals & Driver Floppies Lot
$30.00

Vintage Computer Motherboard Used
$250.00

Rare Vintage SCM Microsystems Swapbox Classic 2 Dual PCMCIA to ISA Adapter
$120.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00