Quote Originally Posted by baldyeti

Very clever. But Gary: does it require the NTFS parttion to be mounted RW?
If so, that's way too dangerous for general release, IMO. What would happen
when an unsuspecting user drags a file in konqueror to his NTFS unit?
Since he is just using it to mount the loop 700Meg Knoppix file, I am assuming that he is mounting it read-only, just like any other normal Knoppix boot. He just added the drivers so that the r-o NTFS works, where the boot image normally can't. This way he has a faster 'cdrom type' image off the HD. I want this so that I can use a cdburner, which is the only cdrom without having to mess with the existing setup.

I wish this would become part of the base knoppix boot.img files, but I'd be happy to host this file if Gary is willing to share it.